Brompton offers three tyre options on standard bikes:
- Schwalbe Marathon Racer: Good durability, with a puncture-resistant belt under the tread, low rolling resistance, medium weight and reflective sidewalls. A good choice for normal riding conditions and surfaces.
- Schwalbe Marathon: High durability due to more tyre compound, a puncture-resistant belt under the tread, but greater weight and rolling resistance than the Marathon Racer. Reflective sidewalls. A good choice where durability is more important than lightweight, smooth-riding.
- Schwalbe Kojak: a specialist tyre with a smooth tread designed to minimise rolling resistance and weight. Less puncture resistant than the other two options but foldable so it can be carried as a spare. Reflective sidewalls.
Tyres used on Special Edition bikes can also be purchased separately:
- Schwalbe One – Tanwall: As seen on the 2019 Brompton CHPT3 edition, this smooth tread tyre with a tan-coloured wall is now available as an upgrade for any Brompton bike. It is slightly wider than our other tyres but fits all the rims on all our bicycles. The fastest, lightest and grippiest tyre ever made for Brompton.
- Schwalbe Marathon Racer - Tanwall: First seen on the Brompton Explore edition in 2019. It has greater tread depth and SpeedGrip compound for the best handling characteristics and lifespan. Raceguard Nylon fabric under the tread giving excellent puncture protection.
All Brompton bikes must be fitted with 16" x 1-3/8" tyres, as well as an ETRTO 37-349 Inner tube with Schrader valve.
Tyres can be ordered through an authorised Brompton retailer, on Brompton.com or through any eCommerce website selling Brompton products; use our online retailer locator to find your nearest one.
To purchase online, please click here. - Only available for certain territories.
Quels sont les choix de pneus Brompton?
Welke bandenkeuzes heeft Brompton?
Welche Reifenoptionen gibt es bei Brompton?
Quali sono le scelte dei pneumatici Brompton?
¿Cuáles son las opciones de neumáticos Brompton?